This is an awesome dip that is very simple to make and soooo yummy! Perfect at your next party!
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green or red pepper
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, and pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese; stir until melted. Stir in sour cream. Transfer to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups